Friday, October 08, 2004

Chipo Welcomes You!

This is Chipo Chipo, my animated hero.  Posted by Hello


As many know, about a year ago I became thoroughly enraptured by this little blue guy. I thought he was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I found out he was the mascot for the Korean National Railroad.

Why do I include him as the first image that I wish to share with the world?

a) I don't think enough people know about him, and since he is so cool to me I think all deserve to know who he is.

b) He embodies some traits that I hope to possess. As explained by the Korean National Railroad, his aero-dynamic head represents speed and effectiveness. His open arms symbolize a loving, caring, and welcoming personality. And his large feet show a strong, sturdy foundation that can always be depended on. That's right, how could you not love the guy? He is a great role model for everyone.

c) He represents how I would like this specific blog to work in comparsion to my other main blog. This blog will primarily be concerned with images that I believe are valuable to myself or for others in some way, shape, or form. The visual image is different than the written word. It communicates in very different ways and hence I find it vital to be able to express things in images and not only in words. This blog will probably be updated more often than 'A Developing World' simply because it's easier to post an image then an essay.

Here's to Chipo, as well as many more meaningful images to come.